I was asked the other day, how do I create an engaging social media post. This got me thinking and thought I would share 5 tips that can help you with this.
- Good Content
- Visual Content
1. Good Content
- No one wants to read boring posts!
- Find ways to compel your audience
- Interesting excerpts or funny commentary makes article links more engaging
Tip: Before you post, ask yourself would this interest you if you were reading this and would it catch your eye.
2. Visual Content.
- Visuals are processed 60,000x faster than text
- Images on social media get more engagement than links and text
Tip: Couple a great image with your text post and links to encourage engagement
- Positive content gets more likes and shares on Facebook than negative content.
- Positive content also gives a better impression of your brand or business.
Tip: Keep your posts upbeat and never complain or criticize another business online.
- Tweets that include the phrase ‘please retweet’ get 4 times more retweets
- Facebook posts that mention ‘like or share’ are more likely to receive that action
Tip: Use calls-to-action to increase engagement, but don’t overuse them or your posts might seem ‘spammy’
- Know when your audience is online on each network
- Schedule your post for maximum reach