Pinterest has become a huge success story since its launch back in March of 2010 by co-founders Ben Silbermann, Evan Sharp and Paul Sciarra. Some people regard it as another shop front when they are looking to purchase products and services, some use it for recipes when they are entertaining, others use it for learning how to do some DIY.
Here are a few facts about Pinterest.
- Users worldwide 70 Million
- There are 2.5 billion monthly page views
- Pinterest receives 1,090 visitors per minute
- International traffic in 2013 increased by 125%
- Users stay on the site for 15.8 minutes per visit.
- 83% of users are women
- The average age of users on Pinterest is 35-54 olds
The top categories of activity are.
- Cooking and Dining – 66%
- DIY & Crafts – 63%
- Health – 59%
- Fun & Human Interest – 51%
- Fashion & Beauty – 45%
- Technology – 33%
This is an excellent way to increase revenue, for your business. Pinterest receives about 41% of e-commerce traffic per day. 25% of Fortune Global top 100 companies are on Pinterest. 47% percent of shoppers have made a purchase based on a recommendation via this site.
Some of the reasons why consumer use Pinterest
- Search for specific retailers or brands
- To avail of special offers
- To get inspired on what to buy
- To follow retailers or brands
- To keep up with the latest trends in Fashion and Home Décor
The advantages of using Pinterest for your business or brand
- Reach customers who require specific products
- Promote specials offers
- Increase brand awareness
- Attract and convert into customers
- Keep an eye on your competitors and incorporate this into your Pins
Tips for promoting your business on Pinterest
- Add the Pin-it button to your website
- Add links in the description of your pins to your website
- Add a Pinterest Link on your Facebook Page (download the link from www.woobox.com)
- Create infographics (people love to read interesting information)
- Tutorial pins receive 42% more pins
- Try adding text to any images you upload
- Add a video gallery
- Use #hashtags to search for more content with relates to your brand or product.
- Promote Events that happening offline
- Pinterest activity peaks at 9pm
The most popular categories on each day of the week
- Monday– Fitness (everybody wants to get healthy)
- Tuesday– Technology (Tech Tuesday has a nice ring to it)
- Wednesday – Inspirational Quotes (Get the motivational thoughts going for the day)
- Thursday – Fashion (Thinking and looking for something to wear at the weekend)
- Friday – Humor (After a hard week relax a bit get the fun going better known as casual Friday)
- Saturday – Travel (It’s the weekend and where do we want to go)
- Sunday – Food & Crafts (People are in the mood to cook or create something nice)